That story I said I'd post

Started by
10 comments, last by Furion 21 years, 8 months ago
I don''t think you should outwardly state the Rakamas is a former Guardian, nor should you tell the reader in the beginning. As a story, it would work better if Daeko discovers this information in bits and pieces as his adventure continues. It also becomes a hook for the reader to learn why Rakamas was turned away from the rest of the Guardians, and why he''s seeking revenge.

There could be several points of betrayal by the elder Guardians against Daeko, as he learns more than they''d like him to know. Combine this with the growing conflict between Daeko and Trogannah, and you end up with one very confused young Guardian who loses trust in everyone - and has to find his own path.

The dung thing? If you flesh it out as a comedic moment, it''s your call to leave it in; it may even have some relevance to that part of the story. If you leave it simply as "oh and by the way, he stepped in a pile of manure" it loses any meaning.

Maybe they need spores stuck in the dung to complete a spell? Perhaps the scent draws predators to them, or keeps villagers from offering them help/food/shelter. Finding a place to wash it off could lead them on a side adventure. You get the picture.
[font "arial"] Everything you can imagine...is real.
Advertisement
Well, thx for the criticism. It really helped! The story has changed, and so have some of the quests in the game itself. Again, thanks alot!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement