Help with the first Nehe Tute

Started by
13 comments, last by Majin 21 years, 8 months ago
i have done everything step by step and i can build it and everyting BUT when it asks me if i want full screen or not no matter what i press it comes up with a box and the words: Failed to Register the window class! i don''t know why either.....anyone help?
Advertisement
What OS are you using, what graphics card do you have, and how old are you graphics card drivers ?
Me, S3 Savage 4, The Latest
I''m not sure if S3 cards have a good OpenGL compatibility.
Have you tried other OpenGL applications and do they run fine ?
That''s what I used at work, Savage S4 doesn''t support OpenGL very well. The only other AGP card they had for me here is a Sis6326 and it supports it ~~okay..~~

http://roninmagus.hopto.org
acronymfinder.com - Find any acronym you need!
i used to have that chip (or Savage 2k, i don''t remeber really), and i think that (iirc, of course... it was a loong time ago! ) nehe tut #1 ran fine.

---
shurcool
wwdev
yeah, the exe i downloaded after the tute runs great! but i want my own to work......
Wait a minute. You''re saying the the exe supplied runs without a problem (without the class registration error), while when you compile it, it fails? Have you made any changes to the code?

Later,
ZE.

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

no, i didn''t make any changes, i copied it straight from the site as i worked through it, that leads me to beleive that the code used for the exe, and the code on the tute is dirrerent, weird stuff...
The code for the tutorial and the exe are not different..

I can compile it and it works perfectly. When you download the source code and try to compile that, does that work? If that works well you''ve made a mistake with copying the code

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement