Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow1234567890

Window shows up, drawing not completed?

For some reason anything I try to draw won't show up. Is there something wrong with the following code?
		while(!done) {
			if(PeekMessage(&msg, 0, 0, 0, PM_REMOVE)) {
				if(msg.message == WM_QUIT)
					done = true;
				TranslateMessage(&msg);
				DispatchMessage(&msg);
			}
			else {
				glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
				glLoadIdentity();
				glColor3f(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
				glClearColor(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
				glBegin(GL_LINES);
					glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, -1.0f);
					glVertex3f(1.0f, 1.0f, -1.0f);
				glEnd();

SwapBuffers(hDc);

}
		}
		return 0;
}

The window shows up as white instead of red. I think for some reason the else claus isn't being executed. I am not sure why that is. I am trying not to use global variables, so I created a device context in winmain, and it is warning me that it has been used without being initialized. How are you supposed to correctly initialize a device context? Is it like: HDC hDc = GetDC(hwnd); ? [edited by - Shadow1234567890 on August 13, 2002 10:54:27 AM]

I''m not sure exactly what the problem is, maybe it''s because you''re not translating the line far enough into the screen. But glColor3f(0, 1, 0) should create a green line, not red. Right?

But do you think it''s logical to draw the screen only if there''s NOT a message? You shouldn''t hinder drawing to the screen in any way. In other words, the drawing code shouldn''t be in an else.

By your code, it seems I would stall the program just by moving the mouse around on the window, the continuous messages would mean the drawing code never runs.

http://roninmagus.hopto.org
acronymfinder.com - Find any acronym you need!