Adding a Dial Up Networking Connection in Windows?

Started by
1 comment, last by skitch 21 years, 8 months ago
Is there an API to add a DUN connection to the list of connections available in windows? I have tried various things with exporting and trying to import connections, but without success. If anyone knows how or has seen documentation on how to do this, please point me in the right direction.
Advertisement
Search MSDN for ''RAS DUN API''
There mihgt be something in the shell API if that doesn''t turn-up any useful information.
Another problem, is that it''s different in every flavor of windows, so the code may not be the same either.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Thanks.
Cross-platformness is my biggest problem right now, but I think I''ve found a cheap hack to make the same code run on all versions of windows. The format of a .DUN file seems to be the same across all versions, but the way you import it is different. As I can''t find an NT/2k/xp method of importing a .DUN or manually setting a DUN connection up, I can generate a .DUN and have windows "open" it on its own. It will do until I can find a better more dynamic method.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement