Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZomeonE

playing vob in directshow

Hi! I''m having some problems playing a couple of trailers in .vob format (MPEG2 + AC3). When i play them in GraphEdit the filtergraph is created and the vob-file is played without any problems, but when I try to play it with the Getting Started "How to play a file" code in the SDK help files I get an error at pGraph->RenderFile(L"C:\\file.vob", NULL"); --------------------------------------------------------------- ASSERT Failed: g_cFGObjects == 0 At line 5829 of e:\dx8_2\multimedia\dshow\filters\core\filgraph\filgraph\filgraph.cpp Continue? (Cancel to debug) --------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- ASSERT Failed Executable: vob_play.exe Pid 504 Tid 590. Module quartz.dll, 138 objects left active! At line 341 of e:\dx8_2\multimedia\published\dxmdev\dshowdev\base\dllentry.cpp Continue? (Cancel to debug) --------------------------------------------------------------- Please help me solve this, cause I feel as if I''ve tried everything!

Guest Anonymous Poster
check the returned value from the renderfile call and compare it to the "Direct show errors" that are listed in your DX SDK documentation. This will tell you more precisely what''s happening.

VOBs are for DVDs, so maybe it will only let you play it off of the DVD. I would reccomend another format if you are not using a DVD, VOBs are huge! and you probably need a DVD license + lots of legal crap

The vobs I use are only trailers widely available or vobs created by me, so no problem there. I need the quality, because I will be developing programs for HTPC''s (Home Theaters).

Since it is working with a graph built and run in graphedit, I don''t think that the vobs are the problem.