Test this pre-alpha demo...

Started by
4 comments, last by nonnus29 21 years, 8 months ago
I need a few people to test this pre-alpha demo (windows) for a side scrolling rpg type of game. Its in allegro and uses some tiles from TileStudio. I would like to get someone running windows 2000 to try it out, thats the only platform I'm having trouble with. Its about 335kb. Thanks! www.geocities.com/nonnus29/demo.zip Edit: forgot the url! [edited by - nonnus29 on August 13, 2002 9:51:59 PM]
Advertisement
I'm running Win2k, and I would gladly test it ... but it would help if you posted a download link

Edit: Much better . Downloading now ...

[edited by - Martee on August 13, 2002 9:53:14 PM]
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Nice. It works perfectly.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Thanks
So... I''m not sure if you''re just working on getting it running on different platforms, or looking for general bugs. If it''s the first case, I''m on win2k and it runs fine, ignore the rest of this post... If it''s the second case, read on.

Nice work, but one thing: The controls are what I guess would best be described as "sticky". Let''s say you''re walking to the right, if you quickly lift your finger off the right arrow key, and hit the left one, you continue to walk right until you stop hitting any keys altogether, only happens if you do a very quick switch though.

Ok, I lied, a few more things. You can walk on the platforms both above and below the grass, on the top of the topmost tiles AND on the top of the tiles below them. Also, you need to do something about the transparency effect of the tiles. when two pillars overlap, the purple transparency layer nixes all the pixels behind the image, AND all images behind that. Transparency should display the topmost, non-transparent pixels in the stack of image layers. Umm.... if you don''t get what I''m saying (I''m not sure I do) just lemme know and I''ll give it another try. You''ve probably already noticed, some if not all, of this already.
[url = "http://geekmangames.com"]GeekMan Games[url]
Your right, I already knew about all those; but thanks for the input. The collision detection is a pretty sloppy hack job and the input I just didn''t think to do it the right way.

Thanks again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement