• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the Mirk

Heaven, Hell and a game engine

This topic is 5910 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, this is the Mirk. I have a design doc and a general idea of how to get this idea on the market, but a few questions remain: What is the best thing to do when pitching a game to a publisher-buy a cheap game engine (I''m on a tight budget), or create a homemade engine. -I am a little bit unsure about how the pitching-to-the-publisher thing works, I would be mutch abliged if anyone would explain to me how this works. -and finally, would anyone be extremely offended if I said that in my game (this is one of my marketing pitches): "Who do you fight in a world where there is only shades of grey, and what do you do in a game where God is a prejudiced bastard and the Devil plays the kazoo..." Obviously if you are extremely religious this game is not for you, because I intend to make fun of Heaven, Hell, death and everything in between but not as over the top as Messiah, that''s just sick. I intend to be *tastefully* sick. I look forwards to your replies m-m-m-malfunction-RUNTIME ERROR:23199700vx..... SELF DETONATION CODE ENTERED- GOODBYE.....

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!