Where will you get the money for your business?

Started by
10 comments, last by coriolis666 21 years, 8 months ago
In a sense, you''re right. You don''t have to pay yourself. But you are in fact working and spending time on something for a reward of money in the future. Time is money. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something.

But coriolis666, if I were you, I''d follow KalvinB''s route. You don''t need cash to make money. You need time, which is technically another form of currency, and a computer to make games. There are tons of free resources on the net you can use to help you get started. elementtool.com for bug tracking, thousands of programming sites, website development sites, code repositories, etc.

And don''t waste your valuable inheritance money on building a company to make games. Stash it away, invest, save it so that if things never take off with writing games, you have something to fall back on. In the meantime, why don''t you spend some time with the parents who won''t be around much longer. I think they''d appreciate that.

Looking for an honest video game publisher? Visit www.gamethoughts.com
Shameless plug: Game Thoughts
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Pyabo
This thread is funny. I sold all my old computers recently and the total fetched came to $275 (3 computers!). Not exactly enough to start a business on. But I''m doing it anyway. My next strategy is to borrow money from Ironside, who is gainfully employed.

Hey Pyabo, heh, I''m actually more gainfully employeed somewhere else now. Landed a job as a developer at another large area company. But just because your employeed doesn''t mean you dont have lots of debt!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement