Cel Shaded anime based game - WHY HASNT ANYONE THOUGHT OF THIS?!

Started by
53 comments, last by Teamshibi 21 years, 7 months ago
As for CGProgrammer: You say that japanese anime is all the same ? You should look at those pitiful american comics all braggin about how they got supernaturals muscles after being exposed to a radiation ray. It''s almost impossible to tell the diffence between 2 artists or stories unlike in japanese manga/anime where you can clearly see the artist touch and the different syle and emotions that each artworks of an artist conveys.A lot more pleasant and beautiful to watch and feel.(And please, don''t tell me that DBZ or pokemon is an anime...I only watch recent and true animes)
Advertisement
*yawn*...can''t we all just get along?

To the original topic poster - make what you want...who gives a crap if it will sell or not...just make the game you really want to play...and to hell with the rest.

life is short, play hard...or something like that

Could the comes back on track, please ?

We aren''t here to discuss Anime/Cartoons/Movies styles, but to tell why there''s no cel shaded anime based game.

Obviously seeing some replies you''ll understand that some people just don''t like that style of rendering, as to why, is the matter IMO.

PS:
Everybody is free to believe in what she/he wants and to like whatever she/he wants to.
That''s called freedom.

See Mr Hayao Miyazaki work, everything he makes is a master piece.
(My Neighboor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, ...)

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
Right. If this isn''t on topic in the next few posts, then this is definitely getting closed.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
AP being rude... hrm, at least I don''t hide behind anonymity. I''m a professional graphics designer (with a heavy background in cartoon illustration) and a visual communications analyst (new media). I''m majoring in business so I doubt that my opinions on anime are "thoughtless." You''ve been *trying* to try anime for two years? Man... You should try another illustration style. Oh, and it looks as though your anti-American beliefs are penetrating through your self-made wall of cynicism... Please don''t go THAT off topic. (By the way, jets don''t fly at unlimited speeds, people can''t jump in the air and fly wherever they want, people cannot launch blue fireballs from their palms, and nobody''s hair can look like Goku''s without a lot... and I do mean A LOT... of hairspray, gel, etc. That''s my counter to your "anime is more realistic than American TV." Maybe you''ve never been to America... heh)

Now, back to the topic. I don''t see how cel shading would IMPROVE a computer anime game. The reason that cel shading was not used in many computer anime games could quite possibly be that it was too complex for simplisitic animations and static art. I''d have to see a "before and after" example to decide for myself. Otherwise, I leave the true arguing of cel shading in anime games up to the programmers and anime fanatics.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement