Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AcidKor

3DS Max Rotation Controller

Hello Another topic about max sdk ... I''am working on my animation system and I can get position, rotation and scale keys in TCB, linear and Bezier mode. For translation (linear and bezier) and rotation (linear) all work perfectly. But I have some problem to replay the animation when the rotations are in TCB or bezier mode. In this modes I have to use quaternion squad to interpolate between the keys but I doesn''t know how to get the quaternion tangent from max sdk. I try to use D3DX function to generate this tangent but when the rotation are too large (>90°) it''s doesn''t work. Maybe I use incorectly D3DX so here how I generate tangent with D3DX: Keyframe Exported from max : Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 .... So when i want to interpolate between Q3 and Q4 I call : D3DXQuaternionSquadSetup(&A, &B, &C, &Q2, &Q3, &Q4, &Q5); then I call : D3DXQuaternionSquad(&Qres, &Q2, &A, &B, &C, t); The max sdk doc speak about some file called "tcbInterp.cpp" and "interp.cpp" avaible for sparks registered users. But I''am not registered to spark and I think this files will help me a lot. If someone can post me this files or have an idea to correctly create the tangent it will help me a lot. Many thanks in advance AcidKor foucher.jerome@wanadoo.fr

Don''t crosspost. Choose one forum and post your question once. Posting the same question multiple times will only lead to confusion.

quote:

If someone can post me this files

If those files are not publicly available from Discreet, then this would be a violation of the Sparks developer agreement, as well as copyright infringement.

/ Yann