I’ve just released my OpenGL game. Release version

Started by
32 comments, last by Sergei Eliseev 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I've just released my OpenGL game. You can download it here: http://mirror1.sunnygames.com/download/BrixoutXP_Demo_v10.exe (4.5 Meg) Description of the game, engine and screenshots can be found here: http://www.sunnygames.com/brixout.html In case of any problem feel free to get in touch at mailto:support@sunnygames.com Any feedback is really appreciated. [edited by - Sergei Eliseev on September 1, 2002 4:31:52 PM]
-----------------------------Sunny Games - new vision of 3D games
Advertisement
LOL
And I thought we were special and getting an exclusive demo!

[500 Errors: 2]
The main problem I ran into was that on occasion a powerup failed to take effect when I was positive I got it. (I did notice when the powerups slipped.) Also, multiball powerups never let me go over 4 balls, even when I got a x4 and a x2.

As for suggestions, how about bricks that send the ball off in a random direction (warp bricks?) or bricks that send it off at an angle from a certain side (triangle bricks)? Also, it might be nice to have a chain lightning ball, which would destroy any bricks of the same type as the one that was destroyed that touched it.
And a note to those two--he never said exclusive demo, and he has the right to let others test it too!
I''ve just released update to the demo. You can download it here:

mirror1.sunnygames.com/download/BrixoutXP_Demo_v097.exe (4.7 Mb)

In this version:
- fixed bug with some models of TFT monitors;
- motion of the camera was made smoother;
- added EXTRA-LIFE feature;
- fixed some other bugs.

Any feedback is appreciated.
-----------------------------Sunny Games - new vision of 3D games
Awsom game! Very professional! No bugs encountered. I did, however, think that part of the first page in help was oddly worded. You said "as soon as you broke all bricks." I would change it to something like "once you have broken all bricks." I''ll let you know if I have any other suggestions.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Hi again! Also, on your website you say the following: "So we use OpenGL as a basement for..." Basement is not an appropriate word to use here. I suggest you chane that to "So we use OpenGL as a foundation for..."

I''ll let you know if I think of anything else.

Alex Broadwin
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Oh, and once again. In the same section as my above post was refering to ("About Us") you say the following: "Also we are going to make porting of our games to the other platforms like Mac and Linux." Once again, I suggest you change it slightly. I recommend saying "Also we are going to port out games to other platforms like Mac and Linux."

ADDITION: on the same page you say "Your opinion is very important for us." when it should read "Your opinion is very important to us." But that's kinda nit-picking I guess.

Alex Broadwin
-----
"Please help, I'm using Windows!"

[edited by - ATronic on August 16, 2002 11:23:09 PM]
On the brixout xp page you say: "Just download free demo version of the game!" I suggest you change that to "Just download the free demo version of the game!"

Alex Broadwin
-----

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement