Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zauron

weird thing

I get a strange thing on one of my objects, a bit hard to explain what it looks like. so i put my thing up on the net. If someone can take a look at it and tell me what might be the cause of this? http://home.no.net/zauron/opengl.zip u need to press S a bit to get some distance and u see a weird "flakkering at the edges of my object. I am compleatly lost. Here is how i draw int DrawGLScene(GLvoid) // Here''s Where We Do All The Drawing { glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT | GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT); // Clear The Screen And The Depth Buffer /* */ glLoadIdentity(); // Reset The Current Modelview Matrix camera.setlook(); /* set point we are looking at */ gluLookAt( camera.pos.x, camera.pos.y, camera.pos.z, camera.lx, camera.ly, camera.lz, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); /* set the light for the new camera placing */ glLightfv(GL_LIGHT1, GL_POSITION, LightPosition); // Position The Light // TEXTURE-UNIT #0 glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); //glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, ft.texID); glTexEnvf (GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE); glTexEnvf (GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_COMBINE_RGB_EXT, GL_MODULATE); // TEXTURE-UNIT #1 glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); //glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, floortex.texID); glTexEnvf (GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE /*COMBINE_EXT*/); glTexEnvf (GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_COMBINE_RGB_EXT, GL_MODULATE); /* draw the sector aka flooor */ sector1.drawl(); /* back to one texture */ glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB); glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB); /* draw the object aka star aka object1 */ glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, startex.texID); object1.drawl(); /* particlesystem drawing */ glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, particletex.texID); glDisable(GL_LIGHTING); glDepthMask(GL_FALSE); //ps1.draw(&camera); ps2.draw(&camera); glDepthMask(GL_TRUE); /* turn lights back on */ if(light){ glEnable(GL_LIGHTING); } return TRUE; // Everything Went OK }

Hey, just wanted to know but did you try using glFlush() to clear everything before the next frame? That might help.