First Game in 3 Years

Started by
13 comments, last by AeroBLASTER 21 years, 8 months ago
quote:Original post by LordDeath
Make sure you learn how to complete a project. Completing a project means its finished and things like being able to exit out of it should be addressed. You may not be as done as you think. The last 10% of the project takes 90% of the time.

Marc Hanson
Programmer - Alter Echo
Outrage Games

Well, the primary reason i did not address this bug is simply because most players will be playing the game in a Window with the Win32 console, although what you say is true.

But, truth be told - do you think this project is worth the extra time for that extra bit of polish? I really didn''t, and I wanted to just have a completed (even if, somewhat buggy) game under my belt before I moved on.
---DirectX gives me a headache.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by AeroBLASTER But, truth be told - do you think this project is worth the extra time for that extra bit of polish? I really didn''t, and I wanted to just have a completed (even if, somewhat buggy) game under my belt before I moved on.

i think so. if you''ve finished this project as much as you possibly could, instead of trying to figure out an ''excuse'' to move on, i''d consider you to be a very dedicated person who will finish games in future. too bad i don''t happen too see a lot of those kind of people. =\

---
shurcool
wwdev
cool game bud!

as for completing the project, sure why not, how long would it take to add a couple exit commands hehe =)
then its pretty much done yay!
quote:Original post by shurcool
I think so. if you've finished this project as much as you possibly could, instead of trying to figure out an 'excuse' to move on, i'd consider you to be a very dedicated person who will finish games in future. too bad i don't happen too see a lot of those kind of people. =\

It's not an 'excuse' to move on, but just to prove it, I went ahead and made it to where you can actually quit from any menu. Just type "0".

While I did do that, I'm not going to, for example, add save/load features (you know as well as I do that basically every game goes through some feature trimming in the development process).

Anyway, same link, if anyone still cares

http://www.geocities.com/aeroblaster1033/ArenaRPG.zip

[edited by - AeroBLASTER on August 15, 2002 11:12:41 PM]
---DirectX gives me a headache.
I think that if you added color to your game it would be much easier to read =) check msdn for color stuff.

¬_¬

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement