FSOUND_Init() crashes my app

Started by
3 comments, last by FunkyTune 21 years, 8 months ago
I have a Windows (not console) application that uses DirectDraw and DirectInput. I use MSVC++ 6. When I call FSOUND_Init() for using the FMOD library, i get a BSOD. Everything compiles fine, and I have the FMOD.dll in the directory. Anyone have any clues what might be going on here? Specs: PII 300 Mhz 64 MB RAM Win95 C Soundcard: Plug & Play Audiodrive (integrated on motherboard) /John
/John
Advertisement
Hi there,

I might be able to help you there:

What''s your current version of DirectX?

What paramters did you pass to it?

What the heck is BSOD? (If its too obvious, then forgive me - I''m not familiar with much of the abbreviations)

Where did you call FSOUND_Init?

Please give a code snippet (like the function you called it in and information where you called that function, etc).

I hope I can help,
Cipher

gamediastudios.cjb.net

I eat heart attacks
quote:Original post by Cipher3D
What the heck is BSOD? (If its too obvious, then forgive me - I''m not familiar with much of the abbreviations)

Blue Screen Of Death - If your a Windows user, you are very familiar with it.

As for the program, upload the executable and give us the link so we can try it out. That way, we can see whether it is a code issue or an issue with your hardware.
quote:Original post by Cipher3D
If you''re running an unpatched copy of windows 95/98/ME, you can see a BSOD by trying to open a file called "c:\con\con". Your screen will switch to text mode, displaying an error message on a blue background. You''ll probably have to reboot afterwards.
Ok, I would like to apologize to everyone for taking up their time. I shouldn''t have asked the question without first doing what you always should do in case of error. Reboot.
After I started up my computer today, everything worked fine.
Windows...
Thanks for replying though, I really appreciate it.

/John
/John

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement