Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sordith

DirectX Init Question

Ok, stupid question for you guys... I create my main window the way all the books tell me to. I init directX the way all the books tell me to (although none of them seem to agree on this ), the surface pops up nicely... flips the way its supose to, etc... there''s only one problem. If I go to the upper right hand corner, my mouse acts like it''s sitting on the resize part of a window. You can click and resize the main window, minimize it, maximise it, etc (even though you can''t see it though the DirectX surface. If you resize it, DirectX goes flakey for a few minutes and fixes itself. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks for the help. Sordith

Sounds like you're using something other than WS_POPUP in the third argument to CreateWindow or CreateWindowEx(whatever you're using). Use something like WS_POPUP / WS_VISIBLE

Hope that helps

Kaellaar

Sheesh..it won't keep the bitwise 'or' symbol it keeps replacing it with the forward slash...

Edited by - Kaellaar on 3/31/00 10:26:06 PM

Edited by - Kaellaar on 3/31/00 10:27:19 PM

Edited by - Kaellaar on 3/31/00 10:28:19 PM

no flame, no argument, you didn''t ignore me. You very simply stated my problem and even tried three times to make sure it was perfect. Your one of the few that keep these boards alive, i''m sure

thank you very much, this did solve my problem. I think this may solve my flickering problem also.

Sordith