Unresolved external '_c_dfDIKeyboard' for DirectInput

Started by
2 comments, last by Alusair 21 years, 8 months ago
I am attempting to learn DirectInput from Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus. I am using Borland''s free compiler and linker and have included dinput.h in my code and I set to link to dinput.lib. The libraries are for DirectX 7. However, when I attempt to run the linker, it returns the error message: Unresolved external ''_c_dfDIKeyboard'' referenced from c:\borland\bcc55\bin\dinputprac1.obj. I run the linker with the following line: ilink32 -aa -Tpe dinputprac1.obj c0w32.obj import32.lib cw32.lib ddraw.lib dinput.lib The only place I use this value is in the below line of code: if (FAILED(lpdikey->SetDataFormat(&c_dfDIKeyboard))) return(0); I''ve looked at other bits of code, both on this site, and in some other books and that line is the same in all of them. I thought that the problem might be the extra underscore in front of the ''c'' and tried to take it out of the .OBJ file but that didn''t seem to do anything. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
try including dxguid.lib
I just tried linking with dxguid.lib and I still get the same error. I also have the line
#define INITGUID
in my program. From what I''ve read, I shouldn''t need to link to dxguid.lib if I have this line in my program. All of the other programs that I''ve done have never needed that library.
Is there any other possible reason for the error?
yes, there is....gotta be quick - I have to go sleep...get ready for school sleep cycles...(nooooo)
but
since you''re using the borland library, you will be needing the special constants library. The reason why,is that all the libraries you have come from the dll - the dinput8.dll doesn''t define the constants tho ...
you can find the library online. Search on google for dinput8 borland libraries or some such.
You can also find the library on the download page of my (now non-worked-on) site...

well, hope that helps. YOu can search the gdnet forumms (wondering if the search still works?) for more information too, this problem has come up time and time again...

------------------------------
BCB DX Library - RAD C++ Game development for BCB

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement