Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ragonastick

Automation object problem...

I released an alpha version of my rts the other day (download at emoticonvb.cjb.net) and after fixing one annoying bug, there is still one which I am unable to work out. The log file reports the error "ActiveX component can''t create object" which I believe refers to the creation of either the DirectX object or the DirectDraw object. Now, reading the MSDN, the suggestion I was getting was that it was not my fault, and that it was a problem with DirectX not being installed correctly or corrupted or something like that. Anyway, if my assumption is correct then I guess I''m fine. But if it isn''t, then does anyone know of any reason why DirectX/DirectDraw would not be loading correctly. Finally, if you would be able to test it for me, that would be great. The download is only 150kb, and the game is playable, so it is worth your while I think . You will need DirectX7 or later (though if you don''t have it, I wouldn''t mind seeing the log file you get so I can work out a nice way to handle it). Also, you need the visual basic runtimes. There is a link to download them on my site (they are around 1mb) Thank you for any insight.

Ive tested the game. Win XP, DX8.1 and VB runtimes SP5 installed. No ActiveX can''t create errors. Those errors only occur when there is an dll/ocx missing. Either the Runtimes or bad DX version.

Nice game though

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

My Site

Ok, I told the guy to reinstall DirectX, which he did, and it didn''t fix it. I''ve found out that other DirectDraw applications didn''t work on his computer, so I don''t think it was my fault.

If anyone knows of a way to repair this, then it would be a great help. Or if anyone else would like to try and break it, then it would also be a great help. emoticonvb.cjb.net