How do I get DXsdk 8.1 to work with C++?

Started by
12 comments, last by santi_productions 21 years, 8 months ago
From MSDN:

quote:
Linker Tools Error LNK1106
invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to location

The tool could not read or write to location in a memory-mapped file.

Tips

Your disk may be too full to complete the link. Free up some space and try the link again.

The error may be a result of trying to link over a network. Some networks do not fully support the memory-mapped files used by the linker. Try linking on your local disk to see if that fixes the problem.

There may be a bad block on your disk. Although the operating system and disk hardware should have detected such an error, you may want to run a disk checking program.

Which OS are you using, and have you checked your disk for errors? Is this the only program that gives you this error, or do all programs you compile give the same error? It may just be that the library is corrupt, or looking at the MSVC ddraw.lib library instead of your DX installation directory. As mentioned, make sure your DirectX installation directory is at the top of the list (under tools, options, directories):

Jim Adams
home.att.net/~rpgbook
Author, Programming Role-Playing Games with DirectX
Advertisement
Take the lib files out of the SDK lib directory and paste them over the lib files in the lib directory of the compiler/linker.

Click on project in the menu bar
click on Project Settings
Click on the link tab
on the line that says modules/libraries
type in:
ddraw.lib dxguid.lib
I''ve tried everything you guys said but none of it works...

John DiSanti of Santi Productions.
I finally got my greedy little hands on VC++ 6.0 Introductory Edition, put in all the settings and hit the build button... It works!!!!! Error free! Warning free!!! Who ever said that the new SDK wasn''t compatible with VC++ 5 was correct! Thanks for all the info!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement