Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thathmew

Prelude to Darkness Demo

Hey yall, we''ve got what we''d like to be out final demo version of Prelude up, but we''d love to have anyone who could check it out for compatibility and what-not. www.zero-sum.com it''s a pretty hefty download (33 megs), but we think it''s worth it. As always, feel free to drop me a line if you want to know how anything was accomplished. cheers, mat williams Lead Programmer, Designer Zero Sum Software www.zero-sum.com

Mat,
Going to check it out. You guys do nice art...looking forward to seeing this.
Michael

***Edit***
Got it. First comment. All of the text in the install app says "Predude to Darkness" Whoops. Second comment. It craps out on my laptop - which has a suck-a** graphics chip in it. I'll try it on my desktop later tonight. Like the look, though - esp the logo/header in the asset loading screen.

[edited by - mearrin69 on August 15, 2002 5:16:53 PM]

Doh! Mispelling in the install!

At least it's easy to fix.

mat williams
Lead Programmer, Designer
Zero Sum Software
www.zero-sum.com

note: I believe "predude" is technically the term used to refer to the time period before "Dude Where is My Car" was released.

[edited by - thathmew on August 16, 2002 10:21:58 AM]

I''ll check it out when I get home, we''re on a backup connection at work right now after the main connection crapped out. (very, VERY painfully slow!)

That error mentioned before does raise the philosophical question "what exactly is a predude?"

- hillip@xenoage.de''>JQ
Full Speed Games. Period.

Wow, looks very promising. Few things I noticed, will play more tomorrow (3 am here):
- Dialogue from the watcher went slightly past the window right border.
- Graphical garbage on the help screen.
- I''m really hoping you''re gonna add more interactivity with the surroundings. Just showing the name of all item like the bowl and cup in the first house helps with not making the world look static, but actually picking up stuff and/or using it would be great.
- No offense but the music sucked.
- Nice

How many men are working on this? Your writer and graphical artists are very good (skills I sorely lack Ofcourse the programming is solid as well.

D