Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude

Lookin for Tetris clone

Hi! I am a begginner programmer and have knowledge of c++ and vc++ but i don''t know how to implement it into a game!# Does anyone know of a tutorial for creating a complete tetris clone? i really need some help! thanx the dude

I dont know of a tutorial but the first game I ever finished was a 3d tetris clone using DirectX 8.1. It stills plays in 2 dimensions just like the original tetris but the blocks are textured cubes. It has sound too =]. If you would like a peek at the source code just give me an email. Before you do that, know this.. I wrote serveral routines (such as how the cubes are rotated, collision detection) that are not the easiest implementation (for example: the cube rotation has some nasty mapping algorithm to generate grid coordinates (used for collision detection) after the rotation. An easier way to do the rotations is to just store all possible orientations of the cube and choose which one to display. I actually did the rotations). I did this on purpose as I was going to implement some physics in it (i.e. have some cubes bounce around in the game board and then settle into place before you start to play). Also, the animation is not time based so it will run faster on some computers and slower on others. I haven''t worked on it since i finished it but it works. Anyway, if you want it, its yours.

MouthFullaBullets@hotmail.com

Good luck