apstrings - what are they?

Started by
2 comments, last by SirGorthon 21 years, 8 months ago
I was wondering what apstrings are... a friend said they were better than arrays and whatnot... tia.
Advertisement
heehee....

the AP String class is a string class that is used on the AP Computer Science test. It''s similar to STL strings.

Let me make this perfectly clear: NEVER USE THE APSTRING CLASS OTHER THAN FOR THE AP TEST. IT IS TEH SUCK. It''s full of memory leaks and buffer overflows, it''s much less efficient than STL strings, and it''s anything but standard.

Laugh at your friend for me.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
Hahhahahahahahahhahahhahaha!

Um, yeah. apstring is the College Board''s implementation of a string class, similar to std::string. The College Board administers the Advanced Placement program/test, including Computer Science A/AB. They have a whole collection of containers that emulate the STL, though I don''t really know why.

apstring is okay, but no professionals use it. It might be considered better by some than char arrays, but std::string is certainly much more known, as it''s a member of the C++ STL.

In short, your friend has no concept of what lies beyond academic programming. No matter how good their intentions, they shouldn''t be spouting off how good it is, since it''s obviously all they''re acquainted with.

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Thanks for the info. I''ll go kick my friend.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement