Microsoft wages war on OpenGL????!?!?

Started by
6 comments, last by Goodlife 24 years ago
Did anyone else hear about this? I went to the microsoft site and clipped this: * * * The newest patch to Win2000 will render OpenGL software drivers non-viable without the registration key. Contrary to popular claims, this does not, in effect, cause the users to "pay for Windows twice" if they wish to develop using OpenGL, but, rather ensures a certain level of software connectivity that would not otherwise be present. * * * If you read further in the article, it tells you that the registration key for openGL is going to be around $50!!! Is it legal for them to do this? Boy, I''m glad I developed things using Direct3D!!! Check out the link, here: www.microsoft.com/win2000/new4-2000/regkey/OpenGL.html Oh, and before I forget, April Fool. -- Goodlife ----------------------------- Think of your mind as a door on a house. Leave the door always closed, and it's not a house, it's a prison. Leave the door always open, and it's not a house, it's a wilderness-- all the vermin creep in.
-- Goodlife-----------------------------Those whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad.--DirectX design team official motto
Advertisement
Whoa, that freaked me out.

altair
altair734@yahoo.com
biggins.mit.edu/altair734
altairaltair734@yahoo.comwww.geocities.com/altair734
That was a good one. Even as a D3D developer I still got freaked out.
This was the best one so far today. I wouldn''t have been surprised if it was true. I felt the "anti-microsoft" vein start pumping, ready to go out and tell the world what I felt about this decision.
Hook line, and sinker. Damn.

A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.
A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.
Microsoft can really piss you off sometimes.
Don''t you think?
I''m not sure it''s legal to do this - If I had
the money I''d take it to court and sue the cunts
for something. I''m not sure what, but I''d try.

-Mezz

----------------------------------------
Bill Gates got the name for his company
from a hooker.
----------------------------------------
Hey Mezz, did you get the joke?
Good one!
I was actually scared that I wouldnt be able to play HL/TFC
without paying.

Did I already say good one?
"End Communication!", Kang from Rigel-4
HAHAHAHAHA, Mezz fell for it bigtime! LOL That''s what makes it so funny!!

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement