Grand Theft Auto type game: yeah?

Started by
21 comments, last by Gaping Head Wound 21 years, 7 months ago
I gotta see if my login was successful with this first post. i''ll reply to this one if it works.
...this is a recording.
Advertisement
...ok?
Ok here''s the idea:

You start out with nothing, and you break into someone''s home, kill them or beat them for their keys, take their car, travel as far as you can (if you took their money as well, you can buy gas) and eventually go from one side of the country to the other.

start off somewhere in Hickmond, Bobsville (the equivelant of New England) and got to Jerkoffopolis, Cuminyeria (the equivelant of California) or you can go north or south like canada or mexico.

along the way you''ll meet some high-profile hitchhikers like Ned Gein, wanted for murder in 21 states, who will supply you with a new ride and some guns and stuff,

an ex con who''ll hook you up with connections for safe motels and stuff

and some prostitute that needs a ride to cali (sidekick kind of thing.)

the loading scenes could be a tv or radio report saying that police are on a nation wide manhunt or something.

your car will break down at some point or another, and you''ll need to hitchhike, and you''ll get a ride with someone who recognises your face after you shave. or something like that.

my wrecking crew and i have been discussing this idea for a future project of ours. any comments?
...this is a recording.
ok.
...this is a recording.
So gameplay involves driving down empty interstate highways for hours on end? I mean, will there be cops chasing you, roadblocks to avoid, helicopters, city driving..?
Comments? Sure. Make it fun. Interesting. Entertaining. Challenging. In short, far more in depth and well though out than what you''ve posted.

After you''ve done so, make it into a game.
This doesn''t sound so much like a FPS/TPS (GTA3), so much as it does a Adventure Game.

I like your story, it''s pretty cool.
quote:Original post by Melraidin
Comments? Sure. Make it fun. Interesting. Entertaining. Challenging. In short, far more in depth and well though out than what you''ve posted.

After you''ve done so, make it into a game.

My thoughts exactly.

you drive through cities and such, when you get onto the interstate, it does the loading thing.

you can stay at hotels and motels and stuff, and you can do stuff like get your car painted and buy new clothes, and people will report any suspicious sightins and police will chase you.

there will be times when your character will owe someone money, and they''ll be hunting you down as well as the police.

the game is more about how much illegal sh*t you can do and get away with it?

shoot people and steal cars, burn down buildings, lots of fun.

if you play nice and go through the game without doing anything illegal, then things like cars breaking down and townsfolk reporting you will be more common, but if you choose to wreak havoc on your way across the country, you''ll most likely steal better cars, take hostages, meet interesting people, etc.

its still a very rough idea.
...this is a recording.
oh and the gameplay would be focused on the initial procurement of an automobile, the first escape from the small town and then getting to the next town and getting a new car or just gas and then meeting the people like ned gein who gives you a black pickup truck, some weapions and a bunch of money, and sends you on your way.
...this is a recording.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement