Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bg3ntl

linux openGL compilation - wont work ??

hi there, hope you guys can help me cause im at my wits end. im running rh 7.3 and i have installed the Nvidia 1.0.2960 kernel and glx modules. i have also installed the glut libraries as well. i have checked the symlinks between the libs for gl, glu, glut and x11. my problem is that i cant compile anything at all involving any of these libraries. here is the output from the makefile for lesson01linux from Nehe''s site. [drew@Bg3ntl lesson01linux]$ make lesson1 gcc -Wall -I/usr/include/ -c -o lesson1.o lesson1.c lesson1.c: In function `keyPressed'': lesson1.c:75: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit'' gcc -Wall -I/usr/include/ -o lesson1 -L/usr/X11R6/lib lesson1.o -lX11 -lXi -lXmu -lglut -lGL -lGLU -lm /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glxext.o): In function `__glXGetCurrentContext'': glxext.o(.text+0x1a): undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'' glxext.o(.text+0x31): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'' /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glxext.o): In function `__glXSetCurrentContext'': glxext.o(.text+0x6a): undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'' glxext.o(.text+0x87): undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'' /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glthread.o): In function `_glthread_InitTSD'': glthread.o(.text+0x1e): undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'' /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glthread.o): In function `_glthread_GetTSD'': glthread.o(.text+0x76): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'' /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glthread.o): In function `_glthread_SetTSD'': glthread.o(.text+0xbf): undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [lesson1] Error 1 it looks like there is something wrong with my glx and/or gl libs. any help would be greatly appreciated - if i need to provide anymore details just tell me what i need to supply. thanks, drew