Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

linux openGL compilation - wont work ??

This topic is 5601 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi there, hope you guys can help me cause im at my wits end. im running rh 7.3 and i have installed the Nvidia 1.0.2960 kernel and glx modules. i have also installed the glut libraries as well. i have checked the symlinks between the libs for gl, glu, glut and x11. my problem is that i cant compile anything at all involving any of these libraries. here is the output from the makefile for lesson01linux from Nehe''s site. [drew@Bg3ntl lesson01linux]$ make lesson1 gcc -Wall -I/usr/include/ -c -o lesson1.o lesson1.c lesson1.c: In function `keyPressed'': lesson1.c:75: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit'' gcc -Wall -I/usr/include/ -o lesson1 -L/usr/X11R6/lib lesson1.o -lX11 -lXi -lXmu -lglut -lGL -lGLU -lm /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glxext.o): In function `__glXGetCurrentContext'': glxext.o(.text+0x1a): undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'' glxext.o(.text+0x31): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'' /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glxext.o): In function `__glXSetCurrentContext'': glxext.o(.text+0x6a): undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'' glxext.o(.text+0x87): undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'' /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glthread.o): In function `_glthread_InitTSD'': glthread.o(.text+0x1e): undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'' /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glthread.o): In function `_glthread_GetTSD'': glthread.o(.text+0x76): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'' /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glthread.o): In function `_glthread_SetTSD'': glthread.o(.text+0xbf): undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [lesson1] Error 1 it looks like there is something wrong with my glx and/or gl libs. any help would be greatly appreciated - if i need to provide anymore details just tell me what i need to supply. thanks, drew