Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pDK

Ohh man... I hate doing this...

http://dm-allstars.tripod.com/PG.zip (2,363 kb) Well... lets start out with that I hate making these types of posts ("this code does not work. Why?") One, forces you to learn my code. Which... is bothering to you and me (because it shows a lot of unpolished coding of mine). And Two, makes me sound less experienced than I really am . ("You are the one who wrote the code. Why can''t you understand you''re own coding?!"). But, after working on this for about 3 hours, I admit defeat. So I turn to you guys to solve the problem that I could not. The problem lies in the frustum culling method. I put a break point where it SHOULD work, but it won’t (its in the terrain.cpp file). Basicly it says that everything is out of the frustum, when really, I know it is! I can''t believe that my frustum.cpp file has errors in it, because it’s from a tutorial (I did some major editing to it though, but I’m still not going to claim it as mine). Another reason why: I''ve used the same file in other places without a problem. So my only guess is in the Init phase of the program. Again, this coding is VERY unpolished. If you do see any other bugs, please give me a holler about them also. But this is priority right now. Thanks again. §tay |{ewl, Eric "pDK" Swanson P.S. Don’t expect me to stop working on this problem. I will keep at it until it is solved. If I do find out the problem, I will post it on this board.

blah... I finaly figured it out! I had the change the CFRUSTUM Frustum to g_Frustum in the terrain.cpp inorder for it to work (i guess a varable overlap or something.) Thanks to anyone who tried to figure it out.