• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pDK

Ohh man... I hate doing this...

This topic is 5884 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://dm-allstars.tripod.com/PG.zip (2,363 kb) Well... lets start out with that I hate making these types of posts ("this code does not work. Why?") One, forces you to learn my code. Which... is bothering to you and me (because it shows a lot of unpolished coding of mine). And Two, makes me sound less experienced than I really am . ("You are the one who wrote the code. Why can''t you understand you''re own coding?!"). But, after working on this for about 3 hours, I admit defeat. So I turn to you guys to solve the problem that I could not. The problem lies in the frustum culling method. I put a break point where it SHOULD work, but it won’t (its in the terrain.cpp file). Basicly it says that everything is out of the frustum, when really, I know it is! I can''t believe that my frustum.cpp file has errors in it, because it’s from a tutorial (I did some major editing to it though, but I’m still not going to claim it as mine). Another reason why: I''ve used the same file in other places without a problem. So my only guess is in the Init phase of the program. Again, this coding is VERY unpolished. If you do see any other bugs, please give me a holler about them also. But this is priority right now. Thanks again. §tay |{ewl, Eric "pDK" Swanson P.S. Don’t expect me to stop working on this problem. I will keep at it until it is solved. If I do find out the problem, I will post it on this board.

Advertisement
blah... I finaly figured it out! I had the change the CFRUSTUM Frustum to g_Frustum in the terrain.cpp inorder for it to work (i guess a varable overlap or something.) Thanks to anyone who tried to figure it out.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!