Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeHe Lesson 20 and gluLookAt

This topic is 5600 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I''m REALLY a beginner in openGL, so please be patient... I''ve read NeHe''s lesson20 and I''ve tried to use that masking technique to create a "control panel" for an openGL application. In that app I use gluLookAt to move the camera around. Sequence of operations is: 1 set the view (gluLookAt) 2 draw the scene (a polygon, as in lesson 20) 3 draw the mask (code from lesson 20) I know that if I draw something after I''ve setted the camera, it''s position on the screen is no "absolute" but referred to the viewpoint. Result: I can fly around the mask when I move the view ! In lesson 20 that sequence of operation works because there isn''t a movement of the viewpoint... Someone can explian me how to do this ? Thanks.

check out the masking lesson on www.gametutorials.com i find it to be more worth than nehe''s , not that is not good. Anyways u have to donwload the source and inside it ou have the tutorial...

Metal Typhoon