SDL, please help me

Started by
4 comments, last by TeraByte 21 years, 8 months ago
Im trying to learn SDL, am understanding the code and all, but when i run the compiled program i get this message box: "The SDLTest.EXE file is linked to missing export SDL.DLL: SDL_SetModuleHandle." Whats that mean, and how do i fix it? Thanks in advance.
"Though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, iwill fear no evil, for i am the meanest motherfucker in the valley."
Advertisement
Just put SDL.dll(should have been included with lib files) into the folder your program is in or in your systems folder.
I have... i downloaded it off cone3d and it didn''t work
so i installed sdl from the OpenGL Game Programming CD, compiled the libs and the dll, but its not working either
"Though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, iwill fear no evil, for i am the meanest motherfucker in the valley."
I think you are mixing SDL version 1.2.4 with 1.2.3.
The import library from cone3d contains 1.2.4. In this version the function SDL_SetModuleHandle was added. Your SDL.dll is probably still 1.2.3 wihout that function.
Download the runtime library SDL-1.2.4-win32.zip form www.libsdl.org and replace the SDL.dll.
Thanks
YES!!! That was it! It works now, thank you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement