Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mimec

d3s max to x-file exporter finally working!

This topic is 5819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I have noticed that many people complain about the Microsoft''s X File exporter for 3ds max (XFileExp.dle). The main problem is that it crashes when using the Physique modifier. I found a solution at: http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/tutorials/compilex/index.html There is just a description of changes to make in the exporter''s source code (so it must be recompiled manually). I tested it using the SkinnedMesh sample program from DirectX SDK and it finally seems to work. I hope this will be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!