Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryacketta

DShow

All, Having a bit of a spat with DShow and forcing full screen mode. When I launch DShow from a windowed app it plays the avi in fullscreen screen mode, but if I launch DShow from a full screen app DShow just pops up a window (300x200) and plays the avi. I am using the exact same code from the cutscene example in the DSDK. any ideas? Also, is it possible to make a smooth transition from window mode to fullscreen? every time it switchs the screen does the mobo

dshow does not conrtol screen controls. the filters you choose do (and if you let dshow choose them, then you could have problems sometimes). i highly suggest going over how dshow works. the cutscene example is not the best one. see the dshow "play window" example. it creates a resizable window with the video played in it. it also handles resizing the video to keep it filling the window. you could go fullscreen by simply resizing the window to fill the screen (the sample uses the cards hardware scaler so there is no cpu overhead for scaling the video).

there is no smooth transition from fullscreen to windowed mode for a game unless you scale the games graphics to the desktop resolution (ie dont change the resolution). many moniters do a degauss on screen changes. furthermore sometimes a different refresh rate is used so the screen will need to look funky for a bit.

[edited by - a person on August 17, 2002 4:02:16 AM]

Hrmm.

Maybe I am loosing it (heck, maybe never had it ), but doesn''t
pVW->put_FullScreenMode(OATRUE); force the IVideoWindow to full screen?