CodeInsight problems

Started by
2 comments, last by d000hg 21 years, 8 months ago
I''m a big fan of the stuff in VC++6 to give you the members of structs/classes as you type - very useful. However some of my classes don''t work with this, but only when used in certain parts of my code. Is there a set way to ensure it works preoperly? I used to have it recognising the D3D functions too which was REALLY handy but it doesn''t anymore, same problem I guess. Does it have something to do with where you put the #include directives? Mine are all in sdtafx.h if it matters. This isn''t a serious problem just frustrating that such a useful feature doesn''t always work! Read about my game, project #1 NEW (13th August): A new screenshot is up, plus diaries for week #3 John 3:16
Advertisement
If the IDE can resolve what type of class, object, or what function you''re calling, it should display the AutoComplete and extra information. You have to be careful that you typed everything correctly, otherwise it won''t recognise your class, function, etc.
This is the problem that it doesn''t always. I can type d3d. in one place and it works, elsewhere (sometimes in the same file) it doesn''t. If I right-click, and try doing it that way it sometimes works even when autocomplete decides not to show. I''d love to know how to make it work for d3d again (and d3dx would be nice too)
Is it better in VC++.NET (or is it only me that finds it odd?)
If it can''t be absolutly sure of the scope and type, it won''t show anything. This happens very often with things such as an std::vector of pointers. The IDE thinks it''s a vector of T pointers or some such nonsense.

I''ve run into a few cases where it simply refused to work. It can be caused by name collisions; where the IDE recognizes a typename as something else but the problem never arises in the compiler because of scope or optimizations cutting some of the classes in the included files away and such things.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement