Picture... State of Emergency.... except it doesn't suck

Started by
6 comments, last by bosscheese 21 years, 8 months ago
Alright. I''m currently working on a game entitled "Hippy Whomp", where, you guessed, it you whomp on hippies. It is very similar to State of Emergency. Except you play as a riot cop. Hippy protest on the steps of congress, well you better grab your gear and get ready to go bust some heads. The hippies will react differently, some will not fight back at all, and just let you whomp on them. Other''s will run in fear or try to put up some kind of a stand. You have a wide array of weapons ranging from night sticks, tear gas, flash grenades, rubber bullets, etc. I was wondering if I could get some feedback. And for those that are worried this is just another mindless gorefest: It is not. There aren''t exploding hippies and mindless limb severing and excessive blood.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by bosscheese
And for those that are worried this is just another mindless gorefest:
It is not. There aren''t exploding hippies and mindless limb severing and excessive blood.

I think you just lost your biggest selling point.
Not a mindless gorefest...?
You mean there''s actually some reason to beat up hippies aside from that...?

------------
The Audacious Engine - After briefly disappearing (aka being deleted), Audacious is being rebuilt. Although it''s not ready yet, so don''t you dare go there. I mean it.
MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155
"It''s all part of the conspiracy of conspirators conspiring to conspire their own conspiracies..."
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
i would be careful with this idea... it could easily be too boring to play.

i would make it so that you can be as violent as you want... or just kinda whomp a few...

anyways, good luck making this game.

really, good luck. this will be tough to market...

-geo
Funny.
Do it, I wanna see.
Don''t forget the ole fire hose.

I think a lot of people will want to try it, just for the theme.

Sound effects will be key to making the whomping satisfactory.

CDV
I think the problem with riot games is a lack of clear objectives. Yes, you beat up hippies. But how many times. Buy a $50 game, smack Don McLean around a bit. And then do it 70 more times at every spot possible in america. Maybe you should have a riot as part of a game and not have the riot be the game.

-> Will Bubel
-> Machine wash cold, tumble dry.
william bubel
Maybe "Hippy Whomp" is the wrong name... hmmmm... what about "Whomp That Hippy" or "Come on hippy, come get your whomping"?
Happy Beat Up Hippy Game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement