Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TetsuoAkira22

Few questions

I have a few questions, one of which doesn''t concern programming, they are below. 1. My friend is starting C++ programming and is wondering what he should do, he already owns Visual Studio, and has been using visual basic for awhile. Does anyone have suggestions on how he can go about learning C++ without buying any books (he doesn''t believe in buying books). 2. This is the non-programming related question, no other place to put this so here goes: Anyone here have/used to have an ICQ name "[_CAT_]terminate" ? I''m looking for an old friend by that name that I need to talk to and would greatly appreciate it if you know him. I''m pretty sure he visits these forums/site. Thanks in advanced for the help. --- Looking for a new gaming experince? Want something new that deals with everyday life. Ever wanted to be a theif, banker or a cop? Then come visit the newest thing in gaming today: Lejendz!

1. Tell him to buy a book. I hoped the same thing for quite a while, but I ended up learning much faster and better from a book. Try a first-year-level university textbook on C++.

2. Not me, at least. Never much liked ICQ.

Yer welcome.

Bump, anyone know #2? I really need to talk to him...

---
Looking for a new gaming experince? Want something new that deals with everyday life. Ever wanted to be a theif, banker or a cop? Then come visit the newest thing in gaming today: Lejendz!