Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Must I worry about this Warning?

This topic is 5597 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

c:\tmpwork\tilinwin\directxmodule\directxmodule.h(19) : warning C4275: non dll-interface class ''spritemanager'' used as base for dll-interface class ''DX_SpriteMan'' 
I''m not sure if this warning is something I must seriously worry about... It''s a tile-based rendering engine, in the form of an abstracted class. The Spritemanager is a class with nothing but Virtual functions, which are to be filled out in the API-specific derived classes. Thanks in advance...

Clean compiles is all that counts. Everything else goes down the tube. Would you rather turn warnings off? Change the name instead (use find/replace).

...my 2billionz worth (yeah right!)...

Snash, agreed. But I don''t know how to fix this one... As far as I know, I don''t want spritemanager to be a DLL-interface class... does anybody know otherwise?

Ekas78, agreed. No warning should ever go unheeded. However, see above. I don''t know how to fix this one. Changing the name won''t help...