Must I worry about this Warning?

Started by
2 comments, last by Wyrframe 21 years, 8 months ago
c:\tmpwork\tilinwin\directxmodule\directxmodule.h(19) : warning C4275: non dll-interface class ''spritemanager'' used as base for dll-interface class ''DX_SpriteMan'' 
I''m not sure if this warning is something I must seriously worry about... It''s a tile-based rendering engine, in the form of an abstracted class. The Spritemanager is a class with nothing but Virtual functions, which are to be filled out in the API-specific derived classes. Thanks in advance...
RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.
Advertisement
Clean compiles is all that counts. Everything else goes down the tube. Would you rather turn warnings off? Change the name instead (use find/replace).

...my 2billionz worth (yeah right!)...
______________________________Only dead fish go with the main-stream.
Worry about any warning, you don''t know the "fix" for..
Snash, agreed. But I don''t know how to fix this one... As far as I know, I don''t want spritemanager to be a DLL-interface class... does anybody know otherwise?

Ekas78, agreed. No warning should ever go unheeded. However, see above. I don''t know how to fix this one. Changing the name won''t help...
RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement