Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with simple Heightmap

This topic is 5602 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m encountering strange problems with heightmapping. I read in a file (reading is correct) and then draw it with this code: glBegin (GL_QUADS); for (int mapy=0; mapy<(HEIGHTMAP_WIDTH-1); mapy++) { for (int mapx=0; mapx<(HEIGHTMAP_HEIGHT-1); mapx++) { glTexCoord2f (0.0f, 0.0f); glVertex3i ((mapx) ,Heightmap[mapx+(mapy*HEIGHTMAP_WIDTH)] ,mapy); glTexCoord2f (1.0f, 0.0f); glVertex3i ((mapx)+1,Heightmap[mapx+1+(mapy*HEIGHTMAP_WIDTH)] ,mapy); glTexCoord2f (1.0f, 1.0f); glVertex3i ((mapx)+1,Heightmap[mapx+1+((mapy+1)*HEIGHTMAP_WIDTH)],(mapy)+1); glTexCoord2f (0.0f, 1.0f); glVertex3i ((mapx) ,Heightmap[mapx+((mapy+1)*HEIGHTMAP_WIDTH)] ,(mapy)+1); } } glEnd(); The problem is, that i don''t get quads or my terrain, i get pyramids. To explain look at this screenshot. The height map was a simple quad (the pyramid-wood at the left and some stuff down there (pyramid-holes). I can''t figure out what''s the problem. Please help since I must have this Engine ready for 1st september. Thanks, StryX

I think you must use TRIANGLE_STRIPS..
this will be faster..

you need an array of vertices...
and draw this with glDrawElements();

good luck();