OpenGL 1.4

Started by
3 comments, last by Mihail121 21 years, 8 months ago
Ei,could anyone of you can tell me where i can download the SCI or MICROSOFT implementation of OpenGL 1.4???I need it bad!!! 10x The pain is coming...this sommer!!!
Advertisement
Its a bit to early for that. Go to OpenGL.org for OGL news.

[edited by - Jonus on August 17, 2002 8:09:16 AM]
More than that, I''m 99.99999% sure there will be _no_ SGI or MS ogl 1.4 implementation. You''ll have to wait until IHV''s start releasing 1.4 drivers.

-Lev

P.S. But I already have 1.4 headers on my site (URL see profile)
Microsoft has, and only ever will release version 1.1 of OpenGL (the infamous OpenGL32.dll file). This is until OpenGL 2.0 comes out, I think that the big M will be pressured to release a dll then.

Heck I''ve got a crappy and old Voodoo 3 and the OpenGL driver for that is stuck in 1.1.0 anyways, so there''s not that much I can do about it now. I know that several of the newer TNT and/or GeForce boards run 1.2.1 as standard, some even 1.3.

I''d say that if you are programming for windows that you stick to OpenGL 1.1 standard and use plenty of extensions because otherwise your otherwise perfectly portable code won''t be so portable anymore.

Dæmin
(Dominik Grabiec)
Daemin(Dominik Grabiec)
You absolutely don''t have to stick to 1.1, I use 1.3(NVIDIA and ATI have 1.3 drivers) and I''ll use 1.4 as soon as drivers will support it, I already have the code that will load 1.4 core functions under windows(and for 1.2 and 1.3 also, on my site). And my code is portable.

There is no reason to stick to 1.1, any decent modern card supports at least 1.2 or 1.3, and I encourage people to use 1.2 and 1.3 and not the extensions that provide the same functionality, this makes the code cleaner.

-Lev

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement