A game under development, has it crossed the line?

Started by
25 comments, last by Direct Dude 21 years, 8 months ago
I agree with Silver. Reverse the roles in some way. But maybe it would be best to avoid the whole topic. I don''t think GTA3 crossed the line like this game would... Nobody was ever killed or beaten by a GTA man in real life, and if so, this game has no reference to it at all. This game would be just tastless and cruel.. You are put in charge of prisoners to torture and make them work... Now, if the history isn''t what it was, it might be fine. But the truth is, millions of people were put into real camps like these, and it isn''t funny at all to replay this horror of our past in even a humorous way.

My suggestion to you if you really wanted to make this game: Go ahead and do a prison camp, but don''t do anything related to Nazis, this is a sour subject. Maybe in the year 2203 aliens invaded earth and enslaved humans... so you run a prison in which they stay... or better yet, you are a human running a prioner of war camp for the aliens we are at war with. Maybe you could make the punishments humourous, like the tounge stretcher, or the shrink ray. Try and take your game away from those tender subject matters.

You see how with a little creative writing you can take the exact same idea and place it in a different setting... and voila, no longer insulting...

- Jesse
- SayWhat Studios
Thanks
Advertisement
I think it can be done in the right way, as long as the satire is obvious, and it really avoids the heavier topics.

Think of Hogan''s Heroes - a german prison camp, where the tasks would be more along the lines of political maneuvering to say "Hey, look, I''m a good administrator" or some such. Tasks should be things along the lines of finding the tunnels that the prisoners are digging, repairing things the prisoners have booby-trapped, and just trying to put on a good show when a higher official comes for a visit.

Avoid the topics of physical violence, torture, death, etc., and show the nazis as bumbling idiots, and this could actually work.

We will ofcourse not have punishment simulators!! that would be sick.

The game (if created) wil be angeled very humorus..
Im sorry if the consept troubles some of you, I am indeed.

I would like some more input on how to make it work without beeing a nazi game.

--If you look to the clouds you cant see traps--
--If you look to the clouds you cant see traps--
I'm going to put it this way, because I can see some people doesn't get it:

Your mom is death. A guy came in the middle of the night, abused of her and then slowly killed her to finally cut her in little pieces and eat her sexual parts. You, being a child, were there and saw the entire escene.

Then I come and post a Thread called: "Does a game based on your mom's death cross the line?"

"I want to do a game based on that because, in some way I find it funny and interesting" I would not publish it, I will make it just for "home use".

Have any of you any doubt about the FACT that this is WRONG???
Do any of you find any difference between this example and what is goin on here?

[edited by - xaxa on August 17, 2002 12:08:26 PM]
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
This entire thread is bullshit. The original poster needs to seriously evaluate his mental stability.

Who in their right mind would ever want to produce a game which puts you in control of one of history''s most disgusting, disturbing, and tragic genocides? Thousands of innocents lives were brutalized, tortured, experimented on, and ultimately stripped away from people simlpy because of their religion. No matter how you try to sugar-coat it, this is NOT MATERIAL for a game .

It will just be for your home use? Great, a home psychotic tool to satisify your disturbed, warped, fat-ass cravings to simulate and control the holocaust.
It''s a bad idea for a game. You''re a moron (no offense).

I''ll close this now, because there just mainly just be more flames, and I believe the original poster has got the range of opinions he was asking for.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement