A game under development, has it crossed the line?

Started by
25 comments, last by Direct Dude 21 years, 8 months ago
First of all I must say these things: The game is ment as a parody, The game does not reflect the developers views. The game is ment to be fun. The thing is: Sim Consentration camp, you are a nazi general who tries to run a consentration camp during WW2. You must build builings, assign work to ppl etc, etc. I must stress that neither I or anny of the developers are Nazies or have souch views. I just want to know is this to cross the line? --If you look to the clouds you cant see traps--
--If you look to the clouds you cant see traps--
Advertisement
I dont see how anyone would enjoy playing a nazi general...
It could be fun if you like to play the role of an asshole.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
I suppose it could be ultimately seen as a joke towards the Nazis, but the message might be so elaborate that some people might not get it.

Some people might actually WANT to simulate a Nazi concentration camp. Not exactly a great way to spend one's time.

But then again, neither is pulling people out of cars and stealing them, but that's just me! *grin*

[edited by - Waverider on August 17, 2002 8:01:28 AM]
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
This does sound a lot like those games that white supremacist groups put out. Then again, it all depends on who you ask. Some jewish orgaizations feel that any games that feature nazis are over the line.

[edited by - HenryAPe on August 17, 2002 8:07:24 AM]
yeah, some people could think that an "Abortion Doc Emulator" could be fun.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
The game is primarly for making a joke of the Sim games, and show how far they will go with this consept one day.

Look for another topic, avoid this one. There is no worse topic one could choose for a parody.

[edited by - nufan on August 17, 2002 8:22:30 AM]
Graphix Coding @Skullpture Entertainmenthttp://www.skullpture.de
The Germans were known to try all sorts of atrocities on Jewish and other prisoners of war... mustard gas, public "baths" where all prisoners would die in some horrid manner (leaving dozens or hundreds of bodies in a single jail-cell-like shower room), war propoganda brainwashing, and so on.

Making a parody of it is hardly humane; any descendent of a WW2 vet would be kind to not state his or her objection to your "game".

And I don''t think freedom of speech is at stake here; some topics just are not meant to be turned into entertainment.

MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.cjb.net

When I first read the post I thought "yeah, you know I guess that could be fun" but then when you look down into the details about it, it becomes a bit more disturbing. I mean, say some of your prisoners escaped but you caught them and brought them back. The game would probably give you the choice of doing some sick stuff like raping them, or executing them infront of their families. To even provide you that option, would be crossing the line I think.

But then, maybe I''m just disturbed for even tracing that line of thought.

-Mezz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement