Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another newbie team? yup... I hope....

This topic is 5595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

just what the subject implies, I want to start another newbie team. I myself am without experiance, but I will accept just about anyone (except people who alianate me). So if you want to help with my first real game (a console text Based RPG). ¿Crazy? I was crazy ounce! Got locked in a padded cell! ¿Crazy?...

I would love to help! I dont know much about C++.. but I would love to get some experience and knowledge out of this.

Email : Virus3355@aol.com
AIM : Virus3355

Thanks, PeAcE.

in mine after we all decide on it (if/when there is a we all...) whe might decide if we want to work on the project I started

¿Crazy? I was crazy ounce! Got locked in a padded cell! ¿Crazy?...

If you have a project, try starting the project and scrapping the team. Works great for simple projects, and you know how it''ll work. May take a little longer to get the content finished, but the tech''ll be easier.

-Sta7ic

For the Text-based RPG you should check www.gametutorials.com ...
Two nice things I found handy for a n00b like me:
1. How to make coloured text in a console app
2. Using Fmod(Play music with a few lines of code)

Of course the idea is not to just copy that code but to learn the idea behind it so it can be applied anywhere...

Hi Bobbias, since I''m the one that''s helping you out on the moment with C++ I was thinking. You need someone with experience to help you guys and guide you a little. So, I thought, find yourself a small team 2 or 3 ppl. Then make up an idea with the 3 of you and start working on it. During this entire process I can guide and teach you guys a little. I''m not going to work on the project myself since I''m busy with my own projects. Contact me if you like, you have my mail address.

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

My Site

Hi,

Im a Java C and C++ programmer (though not much with classes so more of a C programmer ) I''m willing to help out between my own work.

Mail me at:

Kevinlloyd@btopenworld.com

Hi,

Im a Java C and C++ programmer (though not much with classes so more of a C programmer ) I''m willing to help out between my own work.

Mail me at:

Hi,

Mail me at:

Guest Anonymous Poster
I''m an graphics artist, 3D and 2D. I am not a completely new to the field, but I havn''t made any games with my work. Reply to this post if you are interested in me helping you out.

Thank you one and all.
*snicker*
i will try to reply to anyone that''s interested.
does anyone know how to try to fix my VC++ problem??

¿Crazy? I was crazy once! Got locked in a padded cell! ¿Crazy?...

Guest Anonymous Poster
Are you intersted in me giving graghics,
~Poster from post above Bobbias

And anonymous, I am interested. could ya email me a sample or two of both 2D and 3D?

quote:
Original post by BadgerC82
Damn my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit ''Edit,'' then check ''Delete Double Post'' to get rid of additional posts.

quote:
Original post by bobbias
does anyone know how to try to fix my VC++ problem??

I looked through the thread, but I never actually saw where you described your problem.

-----------------------------
"And I was like....hghnnnh?" - Ellen Feiss, stoned Mac user

my prob is that whenever i hit build, it dosn''t freeze it just won''t stop building and it won''t finish it either. So I have to "Control+Alt+delete" my way out. then it says to stop building so I "Control+Alt+Delete" again to exit it!!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Bobbais, go to geopcities.com/dcmarvelicemanproject/Profile.zip to get my art pics.

Guest Anonymous Poster
sorry misspelled, geocities.com/dcmarvelicemanproject/Profile.zip

Thanks. I took a look at the pics, does anyone think they could insert some of the images in a later version of my game? Does anyone think that after I and/or we finish the project, if I/we decide I/we want to use them I/we could learn to include 3D sprites in the game? I know I will try, but if anyone already knows how to use DirectX or OpenGL, could they tell me?

EDIT: And anonymous, are you registered? If not why don't you? It makes posting and that kind of thing much easier.

[edited by - bobbias on August 18, 2002 7:38:34 PM]

Like I said in my other post "Looking for a small project opportunity", I would be very happy to join in You can contact me at darkw_psi@yahoo.com to give me more details.

Thanks a lot.
-Dark Psi