Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a7h3iz7

Trojan Horse

I have these two programming question about Trojan Horse. 1) Some trojan can read every key pressed by a user. The trojan program can read keypressed even though it is running in the background. How can I do this? 2) Some trojan can output random character. For example when you are typing in notepad, suddenly the trojan output random characters that you have not type. How can I do this? For (1), I have no idea, but for (2), I guess that the trojan use some function like notepad_handle=GetGlobalWindow(xxx) to get the notepad handle and then SetWindowText(notepad_handle,random_str). I'm programming in Visual C++ so please send Visual C++ code sample if you want to help. I'll appreciate any help. [edited by - a7h3iz7 on August 17, 2002 2:06:00 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
What are you trying to do? a virus or something? In any case, I bet anyone wants to help you with it (in gamedev.net)

For just getting key presses, a simple GetAsyncKeyState() will work if the application is in the background.

For sending text to a window, you have the right idea. Once you find the right window (using any of the multitude of finding window commands, eg GetForegroundWindow, FindWindow, etc.) You can start sending messages to it using Post/SendMessage at your own will. So WM_SETTEXT would work, WM_KEYDOWN, etc.

Freeware development:
http://www.ruinedsoft.com/

Is it just me, or is there clearly malicious, not-game development going on here?

Idea for a new forum:

Sociopath: everything you ever wanted to know about being a 1337 unproductive cyber troll

I suppose that you''re right but it seems to me that if he had a legitimate purpose he would have asked the question in a way that better suites that purpose and not basicaly "How does a trojan work?"

No one''s assuming anything. He clearly asked for code to assist in a trojan horse.

People don''t like trojan horses. People don''t want trojan horses. Therefore, trojan horses = malicious. Now, unless you''re an idiot, you can conclude from this that he''s doing something malicious.

quote:
Original post by munkie
No one''s assuming anything. He clearly asked for code to assist in a trojan horse.

People don''t like trojan horses. People don''t want trojan horses. Therefore, trojan horses = malicious. Now, unless you''re an idiot, you can conclude from this that he''s doing something malicious.

If you don''t want to help then STFU. Don''t accuse me. I am NOT using this for MALICIOUS purpose and I am not creating a Trojan. I am creating a Chinese Text System that read in keypressed and output Chinese Text in a Textbox control. I want to use this program to type chinese text in a chinese forum.

If I want to learn how to create a Trojan I will ask.

Don''t worry. There are just some people who see the word "Trojan Horse" and go into flame mode. They don''t even wait to hear why you want to know, or at least explain yourself. Pricks, eh?

*shrugs*

He just wanted to know about the technology behind Trojans. What is wrong with that?

Heck, if I ask how a virus (human virus ) works, you will accuse me of making a biological weapon? Even though I''m just trying to replicate the process for an AI idea? ^_^

Guest Anonymous Poster
me thinks a7h3iz7 and munkie are the same person *burp*

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster

Definately not. Have one of the moderators compare IP''s. I made my post in order to make a point about ones like this.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster

Nope, munkie has a static IP, and it doesn''t match a7h3iz7''s. Even if he where using two ISPs it would be very hard for him to keep flying between the States and Malaysia to make each post.

quote:
Original post by Pipo DeClown
posting style seems the same lol

for (1) ..... for (2).....

How dense are you? I stated numerous times now that my post was a satire of this, and I was trying to make a point, which Michalson was able to see. Why can''t you?

It''s also blatantly obvious that I copied his post and simply changed a few words around.

This is strike 5 for the day. I''m slowly losing faith in the common sense of GDNet''s posters.

quote:
Original post by munkie
I stated numerous times now that my post was a satire of this, and I was trying to make a point...

It''s also blatantly obvious that I copied his post and simply changed a few words around.

How mature.

It''s the same person!!
I can''t prove it. But I''m sure it is.

if one makes a search on HTTP proxies
you might find a list of 1000 proxies, which you could connect through and post a message!

that way. if one bans me, i could find a proxie and connect through it, and anyone page which checks my IP, would the Proxi IP, not my own..

example

me->myrouter->gamedev.net which gets myrouter ip..

if

me->myrouter->some_proxi_server->gamedev.net which gets some_proxi_servers ip..

Uhh, what makes you so certain?

*warning. ad hominem attacks which are of a flaming and volitile nature follow*
munkie posted his topic about "gaining access" several hours after atheist posted the trojan thread. The point of munkie''s thread was to demonstrate the stupidity of people who insist that any question about illegal actions is bad in and of itself. It is therefore not obvious, and quite probable that munkie and atheist are one in the same. There is no reason to believe, in fact, that they are the same person. What point would he be trying to make? What would he gain by stating it two different ways? Why would he pose as two different people (not to avoid banning, obviously, because the original topic wasn''t banned!) ? Rather dumb accessment, there.
*end flame*

Peace,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

Could we just drop this now? Munkie is not the same person, it shouldn't take a member of N*SYNC to figure that out, but in case anyone is having trouble I'll make it simple:

"They are not the same person" -Michalson

So lets drop the pointless bickering, it is not amusing.

[edited by - michalson on August 17, 2002 6:58:22 PM]

quote:
Original post by Michalson
Seriously, are you *trying* to make this a flamewar over one *anonymous poster* who couldn''t understand that munkie''s post was satire of someone elses post, rather than a post from the same person?

What?
I''m not sure how you got any of that from my post. I was simply stating that munkie''s actions (e.g. the creation of a copycat thread to make a point) were immature. I don''t care about the AP, and I don''t care if anyone thinks that munkie and a7h3iz7 are the same person (they obviously aren''t), and I don''t know why you think I was trying to start a flamewar over a topic which was completely unrelated to my post (e.g. the actions of an anonymous poster).