NECROMANCY

Started by
3 comments, last by bdc256 21 years, 8 months ago
I am currently designing an rpg. I was thinking about including the ability to rais mosters or even fallen allies, or enimys from the dead. any thoughts
Advertisement
Uh, why do you need thoughts on this? Go ahead..who cares..

Practically every RPG has ''necromancy'' in it..you have to revive your team''s lives whenever a boss kills them off, using whatever item the game has invented..Phoenix Down''s, etc..

This is a pretty pointless topic to recieve feedback on.
I''m tacking abou raising them as skeletons and mummies and also have diffrent alterations. Bracing joints and adding wrappings to inprove steangth. reraising deastroyed ones but weaker than the origional. I have never seen a RPG that allows you to do this only revive ablities.

You''d have to limit the number of enemies that attack at once, since if hordes attack, then you''d end up with hordes of skeletons on your side, which wouldn''t be very balanced. Other than that, this idea is a lot like creature summoning, only with the requirement of a dead creature. I think summoning is a good addition to RPGs, a lot leave it out, or reserve it as a very powerful move (Final Fantasy 6/7/8/Tactics Style). It''d be nice to be able to summon creatures that actually help you fight for a change.
I think its a great idea. You might want to think about a few things though before you implemement it.
A few suggestions are:

-Use the Baldur''s Gate system where there''s an "Evil Meter".
If a player is too evil, instead of resurrecting his fallen teammate, he will bring the team mates fallen corpse to aid him (zombie). If he is good enough, the teammate comes back normal but iwth health loss or something like that.

-Give different adavntages for different situations. For example.
If you use the above suggestion, the player will always choose to be good unless u give him/her something to think about such as:
-Make the resurrected zombie have advantages
like being able to light itself on fire and light opponents
on fire if your zombie touches them.

-Make the zombie have more HP when he/she is resurrected that
way you can even introduce the killing of teammates to give
them better hp and increase your options.

If you do this, the player will think twice about being good or evil because suddenly, an army of zombies doesn''t seem too bad compared to Mario the weakingly (while he''s still alive anyway).

Just an Idea.

---LineBoarder8*****/////* */--------------

May the forest be with you.
May the forest be with you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement