Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats wrong whit that?

This topic is 5596 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

#ifndef _SINGLETON_H_ #define _SINGLETON_H_ #include "n_globals.h" // global includes namespace XXXXXXX { template class Singleton { private: static T *m_Singleton; public: Singleton() { if(m_Singleton != NULL) { // todo: error handling } int offset = (int)(T*)1 - (int)(Singleton *)(T*)1; m_Singleton = (T*)((int)this + offset); } // ================================== ~Singleton() { if(m_Singleton) { delete m_Singleton; } m_Singleton = NULL; } // ================================== inline static bool IsValid() { return(NULL != m_Singleton); } // ================================== inline static T& GetInstance() { if(NULL == m_Singleton) { static T typeInstance; m_Singleton = &typeInstance; } return(*m_Singleton); } }; // ================================== template T* Singleton ::m_Singleton = 0; // ================================== } #endif /*_SINGLETON_H_*/ Whats wrong with this? When i use it like this: class COpenGL : public Singleton ... and then COpenGL *OGL = &COpenGL::GetInstance() Here is a screenshot from vc in debugmode! http://www.visual-page.de/singelton.jpg As you can see my source produces alot of instances... Thanks PS: sorry for the black lines in the picture!

Wow, where did you learn about singletons? I think you''re rather confused...

For those that are iterested, the class definition for COpenGL looks like this:

class COpenGL : public Singleton<COpenGL>

The browser just strips out the < / >...

Anyway, there''s a lot of reasons why that doesn''t work, and I would recommend you get yourself a copy of the book "Design Patterns" (I forget the author, just do a search on amazon.com). Failing that, find a good tutorial - a search on google should give you a plethora to choose from.

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.