win32 API? what the heck is it, and how the heck do I use it?

Started by
13 comments, last by bobbias 21 years, 8 months ago
please help me! oh and does onyone know why MS Visual C++ will not build my programs sometimes????????? ¿Crazy? I was crazy ounce! Got locked in a padded cell! ¿Crazy?...
Advertisement
Do you have an error to show us?

The hackers must have gotten into the system through the hyperlink!!

Invader''s Realm
My MS Visual C++ just dosn''t build anything, no errors, no messages, and no stopping the building process. every single time I try it does this, not to mention i have to use "Control + Alt + Delete" to get a message telling me to stop building before I exit, then I use "Control + Alt + Delete" again to get the end task message to exit!! It''s pissing me off!

¿Crazy? I was crazy ounce! Got locked in a padded cell! ¿Crazy?...
The Win32 API is a collection of functions and data types used to make programming in Windows easier. It is an Application Programming Interface .

-EDIT-
As for VC, oookay, that sounds really weird. Have you tried reinstalling it? What flavor of Windows are you on, and what're your basic hardware specs?

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[edited by - zealouselixir on August 17, 2002 9:51:35 PM]

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

I have that same problem with MSVC sometimes. I can''t explain why it happens but when it does, I just have to (forcibly) close MSVC and restart the computer. After that it''ll work just fine.

And as for using Win32, just select Win32 Application from the list when creating a new project. That''s all it takes to be officially using it. However, actually doing anything with it takes considerably more effort. And that''s where you''ll have to consult tutorials and books and stuff.

-Auron
No i didn''t try reinstalling it.
i got a Pentium 3 866 MHRZ, with 128 MB ram, 18.6 GB max harddrive with approx. 6 GB free, SoundBlaster pro. sound and Rage Fury/Pro video! Oh yeah, and High Speed internet!

Weren''t you running Win ME? That''s the answer to your problem. Me is one memory leak .

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

My Site
----------------(Inspired by Pouya)
API: Look up forgers tutorial on the Win32API, should be usefull for you. Also look for the borland C Builder help file, it is clean and simple for use [try an assembly webpage].

eh?
eh?
That happens to MSVC when the program you''re working on freezes in it''s last run and you try to build it again. I had the same exact problem when I was playing with Win32 and used WM_QUIT instead of WM_DESTROY in my message handler, so when the program would quit, It wouldn''t get the default message and would still be running in background without a window. So on the next build, msvc which just freeze up, not letting me break the build. So I would have to also ''end task'' it and restart.. :/

If you''re sure this isn''t the problem, then I have no clue..
I am running win ME, and I am realy pissed of at VC++!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement