fruityloops

Started by
12 comments, last by Muzlack 21 years, 8 months ago
quote:Original post by cpotako

If you really believe that those programs are for non-composers, and if you believe that you are a "true" composer, none of this should bother you. Based on your repeated and meticulous replies to these types of posts, I''d have to say that you must have some sort of fear of these types of tools. I admittedly don''t like fruity-loops, I''d rather write and record everything myself as much as possible but I still use sequencers and trackers on occasion when needed. I think that these tools have their place in the learning curve. I started out on ModEdit. In time, software far more "powerful" than this is going to emerge. I think that only by fairly evaluating these tools and learning to incorporate it''s advantages are you going to be able to be successful in future endeavors.

-Chris

You''re right I am afraid -- but what I''m afraid of is that more and more people I know are using these programs and never end up composing music. Too often, people start using progs like Fruity Loops and never expand on their capabilities. If you wanna just have fun and not do anything seriously, Fruity Loops is a neat tool -- just not a composer''s tool. Music is about creativity and expressing emotion, and when you use programs like Fruity Loops it''s just limitting role in the creation of your own music.

--------------------
Matthew Calabrese
Realtime 3D Orchestra:
Programmer, Composer,
and 3D Artist/Animator
"I can see the music..."
Advertisement
What program do you use matt?
--Muzlack
Cubase, but I still highly recommend Midisoft Studio if you just want to compose and print music. Any midi sequencer with DLS support or a soundcard that allows you to use soundfonts is perfectly fine -- Midi can sound as good as you want it, considering you have the right tools. DirectMusic Producer is great if you're into improv, interactive music, or other neat stuff. The DirectMusic formats are extremely powerful and capable of some amazing stuff, with them you can do things like include scripting, variability, etc. It doesn't really matter the software as much as how well you can compose. There isn't much difference between composing in midi with mouse, keyboard, and/or midi-keyboard, from composing on piano or other instruments, with the exception that you don't have to know how to play the instrument in order to hear how it sounds. As long as your software is capable of letting you work on a level of individual note input including duration editting, volume editting, modularity editting, etc. it's good enough. Even without a great sounding instrument-bank you can produce great music, and that's what it comes down to. Good music comes from good harmony, regardless of the instruments they are played on. The music itself is the high priority, not the timbre of the instrument.

--------------------
Matthew Calabrese
Realtime 3D Orchestra:
Programmer, Composer,
and 3D Artist/Animator
"I can see the music..."

[edited by - Matt Calabrese on August 19, 2002 11:29:59 PM]
quote:Original post by Matt Calabrese
Music is about creativity and expressing emotion, and when you use programs like Fruity Loops it''s just limitting role in the creation of your own music.

what''s the difference between fruity and cubase, in the point of view of creativity ????!!!????

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement