Drawing Diablo like characters..

Started by
2 comments, last by prh99 21 years, 8 months ago
I was wondering if anyone could recommend any software that would be good for drawing Diablo Style characters and landscape. The cheaper the better Thanks.
Patrick
Advertisement
i don''t think it matters what program you would use..any 3d modeling/animation package is fine..and there''s no particular style that diablo characters follow..just model some fantasy characters. if you want the isometric view that diablo uses just set up the animation camera to that particular angle, and have the character run/fight/whatever in place in the center of the camera''s view. same thing goes for the landscape, it''s just fantasy terrain and buildings. i''m not sure if the buildings are split into tiles or what?

>>plectrum
Hash animation Master is my choice. I really can''t testify as to it''s usefullness yet. I''m still learning. But I do know it''s about $300. It''s very popular, and it was used to make that cool Killer Bean animated short. It''s also recomended for game artists.

The cool thing about it is that it focuses on animation. Once I learn it I am going to use it for games untill I can afford 3DSMax.

As far as how diablo goes. I''m 99.9999999% certain it''s all done using tiles. My partner and I did pretty much the same thing in our upcoming game. Though ours doesn''t have diagonal tiles, but it''s pretty much the same thing.

For buildings that don''t look like they''re made out of tiles, you simply slice them up into tile size pieces and put them into your game tile set.

----Steve
Happy Big FunWeeelll!!!President Bush is a bitchHe's a big fat bitchHe's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world
Thanks all

Patrick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement