Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frustrated - Please help!

This topic is 5596 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well... A mix of insomnia and total confusion have pushed me to the edge... I can only imagine that this is what PMS must be like.. The mood swings. Irritability..... lol..... anyway.... Basically I am confused as to what educational path to take... I live right in Orlando and pretty much right next to FUllSail, so that obviously is one of my choices.... What I am pondering between is going to FullSail and getting my AS from there, coming out and getting my BSCS.... Or just totally bypassing FullSail and going straight to the BSCS.... I have seen so many post that state that both of the options (gameschool and university) have their pros and cons........ I figured that if I were to integrate the two I would be getting all the pros and no cons (other than massive amounts of student loans lol).... Anyway.... If anyone would be kind enough as to share their thoughts, views, opinions, suggestions, h3ll - even flames.... I would truly appreciate it.... *Press any key* Where''''s the any key? ~Wisdom of Homer Simpsons~

well, i wish i were in your position!
but i suppose it depends on how much you programming you already know. if you dont know too much, go to a regular college first. then go to full sail (trust me, if you have the opportunity, take it. at college, they teach you almost nothing that can be used for games). and that way, you can maybe get a decent job while at full sail. you also have a fall back in case you have problems finding a job in gaming.
but if you know a good amount of programming, you might as well just go to full sail as its much faster.

i agree with sithlord. but as for a job, you may not be able to juggle one while attending full sail, except for maybe the weekends. it''s 4 hours of lab and 4 hours of lecture, plus homework. they push you to the limits and weed out those who think they want to make games from those that really want to make games. it''s a lot to think about. i''ve already made up my mind and i''m going there next year. good luck to you in whatever decision you choose.