Model animation

Started by
2 comments, last by Viper173 21 years, 8 months ago
Does anybody know a tutorial on rendering model animations? I managed to read in a 3d model (including skeleton) and it''s not that hard to render it in opengl. But what about the animation...? I have all the keyframe information (position, rotation, matrix rotation/translation) but actually I have no idea of how to affect the model rendering with that. glMultMatrix seems to be a good way of doing that but because I render the model meshes-based I kind of have to go backwards, simply because I need to get the boneID of every vertex and manipulate the matrix every single vertex in a mesh. Applying the transformation data of the keyframe is also not the problem (just add the xyz values of the root and child bone...) but rotation started messing with my head. Knowing the xyz rotaion values of every axis per joint only makes it more complicated.... please help
Advertisement
I''m a bit stressed atm, but i can only recommend you read up on matrix-stacks =)

T

--
MFC is sorta like the swedish police... It''''s full of crap, and nothing can communicate with anything else.
isn''t there a way to manipulate the vertices manually? That would save me dozons of glpush/pop and glmultmatrix calls...
isn''t there a way to manipulate the vertices manually? That would save me dozons of glpush/pop and glmultmatrix calls...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement