Installing Dev Studio .NET

Started by
15 comments, last by ElPeque 21 years, 8 months ago
This is the first time in my life i have problems installing software (if we forget about old DOS games of course! =O)). I couldn''t install DevStudio .Net. I have autorun disabled, so i executed setup.exe. Then a dialog opens and tells me i need to install some things first. I install them all (the win98 ones), exept for the last one the one "native debugging blahblahblah...". The button doesnt work. And I never get a button te install the real thing... whats wrong? Thanks a lot... Just in case... I have Developers Studio 6.0 with the service pack 5 and the processor pack installed Alejandro Martínez
__________________Alejandro Martínez
Advertisement
double click...
GSACP: GameDev Society Against Crap PostingTo join: Put these lines in your signature and don't post crap!
quote:Original post by ElPeque
... the win98 ones ...

What OS are you running? VS NET only runs on the latest NT kernel based operating systems, ie NT4/2K/XP
double click =O)

I currently have win98 installed. Because XP self destructed twise in the first 2 months.

Does .NET only work on NT based OSs?

Is it worth installing .NET, if i only want to go on programming "oldstyle"?

Thanks a lot !!!

Ale

Hi =O)
yay, .NET is worthing every gigabyte it eats up:D

no really, much bether compiler, i can use every of its features..

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

The IDE is great, IMO, although a lot of people would disagree with me. I could never go back to vs6 now.
And does it compile projects coded in Vs6?

Hi =O)
yes
Actually, it converts them first to the new format, and then it compiles them. It''s not an issue if its just your own old projects, but if you are trying to keep in sync with other people''s code distributed as VC++6.0 projects, it can be a bit of a pain.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Speaking of which, does anyone know of a utility to produce dsw files from the VS7 format? I''ve searched but i cant find anything.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement