DirectX SDK.

Started by
3 comments, last by RaistlinMajere 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi. I recently installed Direct X SDK version 8.0. Does that mean i can do Direct X on my C++ complier(bloodshed dev c++). IF not what does it do? Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------"Shut up and eat your cheese sandwhich"
Advertisement
It means that you can use the interfaces provided for creating graphics, sound and input in your code. If your hoping that it will improve the games that you are playing on your system, then you''ll need to download the DirectX drivers.

Regards,
Mathematix.
Hm. In short answer, yes; it means you can "do" DirectX coding.

However, DXSDK8.0/1 doesn''t have out-of-the-box support for Dev-C++, so you''ll want to get the package (it''s available on the bloodshed site) that specifically allows that.

You have to understand, the SDK (the functional part), is simply a collection of header files, libraries, and DLLs. You still have to learn quite a bit to go from console C++ coding to 3D graphics and such.

Anyway,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

I downloading DevC++ from bloodshed.net,so does that mean i can code in direct x on devc++?Or i have to download some seperate now?
-----------------------------------------------------------"Shut up and eat your cheese sandwhich"
quote:Original post by RaistlinMajere
I downloading DevC++ from bloodshed.net,so does that mean i can code in direct x on devc++?Or i have to download some seperate now?

quote:Original post by ZealousElixir
However, DXSDK8.0/1 doesn''t have out-of-the-box support for Dev-C++, so you''ll want to get the package (it''s available on the bloodshed site) that specifically allows that.

In short, yes you will have to download something separate now. Get the DirectX 8 package.

The hackers must have gotten into the system through the hyperlink!!

Invader''s Realm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement