Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarique

Updated Website

Hi, If anyones interested, you can check out our recently updated website (www.maelstrom.com). All the projects we have developed thus far are shown (go to the gallery section). Most of the apps were developed with PR 2.6. However, our latest title "Dinosaur Hunter Deluxe" is developed using PR3.0. The Dinosaur Hunter CDROM was written for Dorling Kindersley and will be out in May / June time. Just thought I'd let people know! It's always good to know what people are up to with PR. Let me know what you think! Cheers, Taz. --------------------------------- Tarique Naseem Technical Director Maelstrom Virtual Productions Ltd. http://www.maelstrom.com Edited by - Tarique on 4/2/00 2:18:00 PM

Hi Tarique

Are you saying that all or some of the images under the gallery categorys of architecture, edutainment, pharmaceutical, prerendered, and training were developed using the Power Render 2.6 and 3.0. I am just wondering which pictures are made with Power Render. I notice the images under the category of pre rendered implied something other than PR such as maybe 3d studio, lightwave was used to rendered the images.

Just currious
Doug

Well yeah, apart from the pre-rendered imagery!

We use Power Render to do all our real-time stuff and the pre-rendered stuff is done with Lightwave.

Having said all that, the older titles (Pharmaceutical section & Maritime) were written in Glide for the 3DFX platform only (as that was the best card around at the time about 2-3 years ago). All our VR systems were based on those cards.

Now, using PR we are no longer limited to any graphics cards and can keep up with technology.

Although most of our software is written for our VR systems, the Dinosaur title will be on general release on the PC platform to by in the shops.

Cheers,
Taz.

---------------------------------
Tarique Naseem
Technical Director
Maelstrom Virtual Productions Ltd.
http://www.maelstrom.com

Edited by - Tarique on 4/3/00 2:50:38 AM